Thursday, March 12, 2009

American Idol 10/3/2009 The Finals are here!!

Finally the show comes to the big stage! now the real show starts , the cream of the crop performing, 100,000 auditioners shaked up to form those top 13! and here are my thoughts about the episode!

The show started with lil' rounds which i thought was weird cause they usually save the best to the last spots but then it was obvious they needed a strong start to the show, and she did deliver that strong start with a Solid performance of The Way You Make Me Feel,is she gonna be safe in the results show? Most definitely she will

Then it was Scott's turn singing Keep the Faith, good performance, not the best of his abilities, some of the high notes were not that good and kinda annoying but in general it wasn't that bad ( not that good tho), and it would be really cool if he actually mean't to sing that song for what it's lyrics represent, is he gonna be safe in the results show? I think once again his condition will draw a lot of voters to his side so yes i think he will

And again bringing someone that good to the early spots, Danny singing P.Y.T and man does he have a strong voice and in addition to that is somewhat a good performer, and I think the girls are in love with him too so, is he gonna be safe in the results show? yes definitely

Now its the Rigger's turn (my work buddy) Michael Sarver, and I must say I was disapointed with his performance the last round and didn't really understand why did he get thru directly, but he really proved himself in this round and showed everyone that he really can sing and does have a great "pure" voice, is he gonna be safe in the results show? Yes I think he will, If he can get through with last round's performance when only 3 spots out of 12 could be filled, then he's definitely going through with this round's performance when there are 11 spots out of 13 to fill.

and then it's Jasmine Murray's Turn, I really dislike her I don't know why and I don't think she has any kind of stage "chemistry" and is just really boring, the judges were kinda impressed with her but I honestly couldn't wait for her peroformance to end already, is she gonna be safe in the results show? I hope not :s

If 2 days ago someone said to me, "Kris Allen", then probably my reaction would have been, "Kris Allen who??" but my opinion definitely changed by his performance here and specially that I have a thing for singers who can play an instrument as well, He's not the most distinguished singer though and he's like many of the rest but atleast he proved why he deserves a spot in the top 13, and I agree with simon that he "should have brought the wife a lil bit later in the show" :D cause it seems like 80% of his voters are "single" ladies with the " oh he' so cute" looks on their faces, well, is he gonna be safe in the results show? I think he will based on his "good" performance and his likability

And then its Allison's turn, and honestly I was kinda waiting for her performance (I got blown away by her version of Heart's Alone, yea it was that good), and actually she's one of the singers in the competition that you just know that early on the show where is she going and what kind of songs that she is able to sing well, really well!! and well my expectations were met and I join the judges in not believing that she is 16! her voice is just way "Grown up" and "Mature" to come out of a 16 years old girl, my only complaint about her is that she doesn't seem to handle herself well if she's not singing and kinda "boring" off stage, fix that and she'll get along way, is she gonna be safe in the results show? yes definitely, she is memorable

Anoop, I'm a big fan of his but I wonder why is he that stupid, can't he just for once sing a song that would show his voice capabilities? much like he did in his very first audition? instead of singing up beat "easy" songs like Beat It and My Perogative that doesn't really have a "range" what so ever? if you ask me he can't depend on his likability and stage personality any longer if he wants to go thru! so, is he gonna be safe in the results show? I think so but by a very tight difference and only his personality would get him by.

Jorge Nunez, the "emotional" Jorge Nunez, good singer, the girls love his emotionality and his spanish accent, the song he sang "Never Can Say Goodbye" definitely didn't suit him but atleast he tried to get the best of it, I mean Michael Jackson' style is not Jorge's Style at all and well for a singer like him, it's definitely hard to pick a Micahel Jackson song that would be suitable for your voice, just like he said, "I was not gonna sing Bad by Michael Jackosn!!", well, is he gonna be safe in the results show? I think so again because of the lady voters

Megan Joy, hmm I'm kinda on the verge here, I can't figure out if she's "current" as the judges say, or is she no good at all, her style is kinda weird and her stage presence is really akward (what's up with those little waist dance moves that she does!!?) and I really really really hate her arm tattoo!! and as for the song, I would understand if some people would like it, but I personally didn't "swallow" her performance and it wouldn't convince me to pick up the phone and vote for her, but is she gonna be safe in the results show? I have no clue but I kinda hope that she goes with Jasmine

Now it's Adam Lambert's Turn, and again one of the performances that I was looking up to, he chose the right song for his vocal capabilities and he was Definitely the best of the night, his version of Black and White just feels like an original Adam Lambert song and I'm seriously surprised how he could be in Hollywood for 5 years without being an achieved artist already, and as Paula said, He's definitely going to be there in the final rounds, if not THE final round, is he gonna be safe in the results show? HELL YEA!!

and then Matt Giraud came, and that dude is really growing on me, I mean at first I didn't even notice him and his performance in the top 36 first round was absolutely hideous, but then he took the judges advice and started sticking to those bluesy songs and they are absolutely right, I mean his voice is just so pure and smooth and "capturing", and altho I think it was kinda "unfair" to perfrom right after Adam, but he definitely held his own out there and delivered a great performance with a perfect song choice, so, is he gonna be safe in the results show? I think and hope yes, his voice makes me feel good!

and then the final performance of the night, Alexis Grace, I dislike her, and I don't get it why is there a hype around her, she is just random, like the next singer you would listen to in a fancy restaurant, but that's about it, altho her song was interesting but I honestly think she over did it, but is she gonna be safe in the results show? hmm Maybe? I can't figure out but I kinda hope not, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger